PortAventura World, Spain’s most visited theme park, is a great idea for a fun day out of the city both for children and adults. The resort includes PortAventura Park, the recently opened Ferrari Land, PortAventura Caribe Aquatic Park, a golf course and five themed hotels.
If you prefer to buy tickets plus transportation, you can check out this option for PortAventura, and this option for PortAventura and Ferrari Land combined.
- Shambhala: this used to be the tallest roller coaster in Europe for many years until Red Force was opened in 2017. It can reach a speed of 134 kph and has a 78-meter drop.
- Furious Baco: another record-holding attraction, this is the fastest rollercoaster in Europe.
- Dragon Khan: this one’s also a very popular one. It has eight inversions and can reach a speed of 105 kmph.
In Ferrari Land
- Red Force: the top ride of Ferrari Land, this is Europe’s tallest roller coaster… enough said!
- Thrill Towers: a free fall tower or a rebound tower? The choice is up to you…
All PortAventura hotels include unlimited access to the park. Click here to book your hotel with a 10% discount!
Travel back to the Far West! The entire hotel is inspired in the gold rush times… This is definitely my top pick if you want to stay in PortAventura.
Designed in a Mediterranean theme, the hotel features a spa, two outdoor pools and four restaurants.
The hotel is inspired in a Mexican ranch. Great for Mexico and Mexican food lovers!
A little piece of the Caribbean in Spain, it features the world’s biggest white sand pool.
How to get there
By train: the train ride from Barcelona Sants Station to Port Aventura takes 1 hour 46 minutes with the regional train and the return trip costs around 17.60€. The Port Aventura train station is a 15-20 minute walk from the park. Click here to check the times and buy your tickets.
By car: PortAventura is 110 km away from Barcelona city center. Take first C-32, then AP-7 and you’ll be there in about an hour and a half. Click here for the best deals to rent a car.