Brunch from around the world… Can it get better than that?
That’s the concept at Trópico, one of my favorite spots for brunch. As multicultural as the neighborhood where it’s located, Raval, this restaurant offers fresh, healthy and delicious food inspired in cuisines and ingredients from all over the world.
As soon as I walked in, I loved the friendly staff, the decoration and the huge world map on one of the walls. This is what we ordered the last time we were there:
- Pancakes with maple syrup, blueberries, strawberries & whipped cream
- Caprese salad with mango
- Arepas with eggs, veggies, cheese, avocado & plantain
- Garden of Delights smoothie: with soursop, blackberries, strawberries, almond milk, pollen, agave syrup & flowers
- Thai Dragon Tail smoothie: coconut milk, pitaya & chia
Why I love it
- the smoothies: delicious and they’re packed with superfoods
- the variety
- the simple, rough yet cozy design
- the fresh & healthy ingredients
- the staff are really friendly and do their best, unlike some snobby staff you tend to find in other popular places…
Check it out for yourself
Where: Carrer del Marquès de Barberà, 24
Must try: Garden of Delights smoothie, açai bowl, eggs benedict, pancakes
Make sure to book in advance as it tends to get very busy!