The sea is not just one of the perks of living in Barcelona, it’s also a point of reference that has forged the city’s essence since its very beginnings. The food, the culture, the restaurants, the layout of the city itself, daily life and activities… It’s all influenced by the Mediterranean sea and its landscape.
So if you’re planning to visit, why not stay at a hotel where you can wake up to a view like this one?
This is why I decided to make a selection of hotels with sea view in and around (but still close to) Barcelona for all budgets – because there’s no reason to give up on that view!
Sea views for everyone
- Hotel Front Maritim: in the recently revived district of Sant Marti, at the city’s Northern end, the hotel is located right in front of the Mar Bella beach and offers rooms with balcony and sea view as well as common facilities such as a gym, a sauna and an on-site restaurant.
- AC Hotel Gava Mar, a Marriott Lifestyle Hotel : located on the beach of Gavà, a 25 minute car ride away from the city center, here you will find a more peaceful and enjoyable beach compared to the ones in the city.
- dOnna Hotel 4* Sup: the hotel is located in Castelldefels beach and offers completely new rooms with balcony, sea view and common facilities such a an outdoor pool, gardens, a pool bar and a restaurant. Distance from Barcelona city center: 30 minutes by car.
For those special occasions…
- Barcelona Princess: located right next to Diagonal shopping mall, Blau Museum and Forum, it’s one of the tallest buildings in Barcelona with 26 floors. This means some pretty breathtaking views, as well as an infinity pool, a gym, a sauna and an exclusive suite.
- Hilton Diagonal Mar: another one of the highest and most edgy buildings in the city. It features rooms with sea view, a big pool area where some very popular parties take place during the summer.
- Occidental Atenea Mar: also located in the new Sant Marti area, which as you see is a pretty up and coming area with most of the newest buildings in the city. Chill out on the pool overlooking the sea and surrounded by palm trees, or relax in one of their comfortable rooms.
For some real luxury & pampering
- W Barcelona: an icon of the city, *the* hotel for the views thanks to its unique location. From its double rooms to its exclusive suites, all of the rooms have amazing views guaranteed.
- Hotel Arts: this Ritz-Carlton hotel is the tallest building in the city with 44 floors, located right in front of the sea. The view, the design, the spa, the service, the cuisine… all it takes to make your stay in Barcelona memorable.
- Pullman Barcelona Skipper: located two blocks away from the beach, rooms can have sea or city view. Make sure to enjoy a cocktail with sea view in one of its two pools.
Whichever you choose, don’t forget to leave the hotel and explore the city as well!